Your Kid Can Kayak!
WELCOME DEAR PARENT!
Wondering if your kiddo could benefit from more outdoor time and if kayaking is a possibility at their age?
We can assure you that kayaking is an easy, affordable, amazing activity to get kids active, independent, and into the outdoors.
Today's sit-on-top and other options make it easier than ever for beginners to learn to kayak and have the time of their lives.
Here's your checklist to do today to have your kid kayaking by the end of next week:
- Read Kayaking by Age to find out what your child can do with a kayak
- Read Kayaks 101 to see what kayak would be best for your kid
- Read Paddles 101 and know what paddle is right for your kayaking kid
- Read Life Jackets 101 and rest assured your child will be safe while they paddle after their dream
- Read Kayak Cart if your kayak will be for a teen or adult for ease transporting it to the water (Note: little kid kayaks are so easy to carry you won't need one)
While you wait for your gear to show up on your doorstep, read up on a few of these articles and get excited about the adventure ahead:
Make Your First Kayak Outing Awesome and Unforgettable
(Showing up is 90%, snacks, friends, and sunscreen don't hurt either!)
Basic Paddle Strokes for beginners
(don't worry, kids intuitively know how to paddle)
Is Kayaking Hard for Kids?
(...hint: all kids can kayak on the right water)
What Type of Kayak is Easiest?
(...hint: there is a kayak that can't sink or fill with water, that you can use even if you don't know a thing, and that even a 5-year-old can use)
Kayaks as Gifts
(Reasons why kayaks make a bad-ass present for birthdays, Christmas and graduations)
(learn about sit-on-tops, sit-insides and inflatable kayaks)